Friday, November 4, 2011

the word

Alex wanted me to clarify where "squistie" came from because she didn't invent it.  I actually say a lot of words where I add "...ie" to the end.  Many of these are even used by my two year old and other family members today.  For example: diap-ies, eye boog-ies, shoog-ie (instead of sugar), etc.  But alas, this is not where it comes from either.

Our husbands have a group dislike of ANY instance in which we feel the need to bring up old boyfriends, but I'm afraid the credit for this term goes to one of mine.  He had two sisters which he lovingly referred to, and addressed (on the phone at least), as squisties.  Like in any relationship, I began to adopt certain phrase-ology and other characteristics from this significant other.  I called my sisters that a few times after that, they liked it, and it stuck.  And there you have it...the birth of Squisties.

2 comments:

Arica said...

and now I know. ha. ..i think i know which boyfriend it was.

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I love that all four ofyou have this blog :) so cool!