Wednesday, October 24, 2012

2 for 1!

As of a few weeks ago, me (Alex) and Abby live together!
This has been the plan for a while, and I got so anxious and excited, that I moved early. 

Just kidding. The real story is that I was nannying, 
and planned to stay with that family until November, and then move here.
Well, I quit my job early.
Why, you ask?
Not because I'm flaky, not because I just wanted to.
I quit because they were crazy demanding, and stingy to boot.
I was working 12 hour days Mon-Fri, 6:30am-6:30pm!
I took the world's most disobedient three-year-old to and from swim lessons, 
speech therapy, preschool, etc. All this with a clingy one-year-old in tow.
They also expected me to single-handedly perfect his motor skills and potty train him.
They tried to seriously stiff me on gas money, so I got the heck out of there.
It was a long six months.
Anyway, I just needed to let that out. 
Sorry, back to the exciting stuff!

The point of this post is to let everyone know that I LOVE it here!
Saint George is great, and Abby and Jesse have been so nice and fun to live with.
Abby and I haven't lived together since she was a senior in high school and I was a freshman.
Needless to say, we didn't get along all that well that year,
now we're both older and closer, and it makes a huge difference!
I just love love love it here. 

No more long distance skyping for us! 

No comments: